I found several patterned papers I wanted to use that were great colors for the photos, but I only had one sheet of each. So the challenge was to create a layout that would use one third each. I think I accomplished my goal!
Several years ago I purged all my printed magazines as they were taking up room on my shelves and not being used. Before I did that though, I salvaged articles and ideas for layouts that appealed to me. This layout is based on an article from Creating Keepsakes Nov/Dec 2010, about using scraps.
- My Minds Eye Lime Twirl collection stripes and darker blue patterned paper, and Creative Imaginations Blue Scroll were used. Bottom rectangles are 2" x 3".
- Top strip is 1" backed by 1 1/2" white cardstock.
- Four punches were used to created the different size circle. The punches are fast, compared to die cutting! EK Succes, Fiskars, Marvy and McGill are all represented.
- Bazzill green is the background, Darice Persimmon is the orange.
- The journal strips are inked in Memento Danube Blue and written in Zig Writer Navy.
- The title was cut on my Brother Scan N Cut.