Wednesday, March 11, 2020

No River Required

I often create layouts in duplicate or triplicate for my kids' albums.  This was the case for this layout, three kids with memories to preserve, so three layouts. 


I found several patterned papers I wanted to use that were great colors for the photos, but I only had one sheet of each.  So the challenge was to create a layout that would use one third each.  I think I accomplished my goal! 

Several years ago I purged all my printed magazines as they were taking up room on my shelves and not being used.  Before I did that though, I salvaged articles and ideas for layouts that appealed to me.  This layout is based on an article from Creating Keepsakes Nov/Dec 2010, about using scraps. 

  • My Minds Eye Lime Twirl collection stripes and darker blue patterned paper, and Creative Imaginations Blue Scroll were used.  Bottom rectangles are 2" x 3".  
  • Top strip is 1" backed by 1 1/2" white cardstock.
  • Four punches were used to created the different size circle.  The punches are fast, compared to die cutting!  EK Succes, Fiskars, Marvy and McGill are all represented.
  • Bazzill green is the background, Darice Persimmon is the orange.
  • The journal strips are inked in Memento Danube Blue and written in Zig Writer Navy.  
  • The title was cut on my Brother Scan N Cut.  
A bit time consuming to create three of the same, but I am very pleased with the results.  Thanks so much for you comments and time to stop by!

1 comment:

  1. Well, you certainly did achieve that dilemma by dividing the papers for your design. Beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!