Thursday, March 12, 2020

NW Duals

Wrestling is a sport that I have thousands of photos . . . when the boys were younger I could distill a season down into a layout or two.  For John's senior season I decided to scrap each event in it's own layout.  Even with that I must select down to a few photos of some very intense minutes. 


Mountain View colors are red and black, so an easy choice to stay in that color scheme.  I ordered a batch of Darice papers as I knew with three kids to go through Mountain View I would use them frequently for sports and school events.  
  • Each photo is backed with Bazzill red cardstock and the background is Bazzill black cardstock. 
  • Three patterns of Darice papers are used:  Large Black Dots, Red Plaid, and Red Stripe
  • Since I wanted to layer the patterned papers a frame of grey cardstock helped define and separate the two. 
  • The red stripe is punched with the Paper Studio Pennant punch.
  • Paper Studio Wrestling stickers are backed with the grey cardstock and fussy cut.  They blended into the background too much otherwise.  
  • The title font is Recollections, and stood out much better on the red plaid than on the black back ground.  
  • Journaling was also printed out on the grey cardstock.  
I am happy to have another layout completed.  Sometimes not doing all the wrestling layouts at the same time helps my creativity.  Thanks for stopping by, and know that your comments are always appreciated!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!