Tuesday, March 10, 2020

YOU for Retro Rubber Challenge Blog

The next two weeks we have a great CAS sketch over at Retro Rubber.  Please do come and play along with our challenge, and check out the wonderful cards the Design Team created as well.  We do have several simple rules:  1)  Use at least one stamp that is older than one year and needs some inky love.  2)  Let us know about how old the stamp is  3)  Enter up to ten challenges including ours.


My card took all of 15 minutes, once I decided on the papers and stamps.  I rotated the sketch as the sayings I wanted to put on the card would not fit the other direction!

  • Hot Off The Press has a great set called YOU, the die is die cut from Basic Grey's Granola.  This is a very retro paper from about 2008.  Three more die cuts are made to stack and add dimension.
  • Three sentiments from the You Greetings are stamped in Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Cool Grey.  Each sentiment is trimmed and the edges are inked.  
  • Another selection from the Granola collection is adhered to the front of the card.  
  • The YOU die cut and the sentiments are added with dimension foam adhesive. 
There you have it!  A great masculine card to send to my son.  Please do come by Retro Rubber Challenge Blog and check out this fun sketch challenge.  Thank you so much for stopping by and I enjoy reading all your comments.  

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card and great papers and design. I love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your use of that pattern paper. So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the design on this pattern paper and how you matched the color on your sentiment pieces to the blue on the panel.
    Awesome card, teammate.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!