Monday, March 9, 2020

Butterflies for SID March Double Page Reveal

Even though my photos were taken last fall (in Florida) they are perfect for a spring green layout.  We have several fun sketches for you over at Stick It Down.  Not only a double page, but also a single page, and card sketch to play along with for the month.  Check it out!


For my layout I choose to add more photos, by making them smaller.  There are too many wonderful things to share from this experience at The Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservancy.  (At least I had the long title!)


I tried several different colors of background cardstock before I finally decided on the green.  With the bright colors of the butterflies and fun patterned paper I think it holds the layout together.
  • A very old collection by Me & My Big Ideas by Ellen Krans (2006) had all the selections of coordinated paper to make it easy to put together.  
  • Paper Studio light yellow washi adds a dash of pastel to the eges of the butterfly paper.
  • I love butterflies, and sometimes (well often!) will buy a stamp or die just because it is a butterfly.  The Cuttlebug Anna Griffin Butterfly Trio was just such a purchase.  Look how wonderful they are as embellishments for this layout.  If you look closely some of the highlights are colored through the die with Writer Chalk Collection markers.  I also backed each butterfly with a matching die cut by scanning on my Brother Scan N Cut and die cutting coordinating cardstock to put behind the butterflies.
  • Another butterfly tool in my stash is the Tonic Butterfly border punch.  I just had to use it in this layout as an add on embellishment.  The top edge is punched with EK Bubble edge border punch.   
  • The title is a combination of Stampabilities Vintage Type alpha stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento Luxe and Quickutz Tangerine & Shadow.
  • The yellow and orange dot patterned paper is backed with orange cardstock, and the journaling is printed on yellow cardstock that is the exact color of the patterned paper.
Do come and check out the blog and give one of our sketches at Stick It Down a try.  It will be fun!

Thanks for stopping by your comments always make me smile!

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!