Monday, April 9, 2018

16th Birthday for Stick It Down




I am loving this month’s sketch for Stick it Down!  It was perfect for photos I had of my son’s 16th Birthday


 The photos I had were not that great, and I think that the sketch and elements I selected helped tie the photos together in a cohesive design.

I choose to start with DCWV cardstock in green and blue for the base, and dressed it up with washi tape by Recollections.  I had two rolls that worked together and selected the colors of cardstock based on these choices.  At first I was going to use the patterned washi to outline the triangle shapes, but then decided the photos needed a mat instead.  Took a bit of time to miter each corner, but with wash tape it was easier!  The edges of the triangles still needed a bit of definition so out came the stamps, in this case an old set by TPC Studio, Dots & Stripes.  With polymer stamps it is easy to line up without too much fuss!  Versa Fine Majestic Blue was the best ink choice for the job, and stamped nicely!

To finish off the embellishments of the sketch, I used Quickutz gifts and ribbons.  Each box was pressure embossed with the small Goosebumps embossing plates.  Kind of the first ones out there and designed to be used with the Quickutz handle.  Perfect small sizes!  I used Circles, Swirls, Sparkle, and Stars on the packages, then sanded the surface to bring out the white core of the cardstock and add design texture.  Sizzix Card, Scallop with gifts had a nice sized “Happy Birthday” sentiment that quickly added the title.  A bit of sanding helps it stand out from the layout.  Finally, I added “16” from Quickutz Classic Frankie font with shadow.  A bit of journaling in Navy Zig pen was the final touch. 

Thanks for stopping by and do go check out the rest of the Stick It Down Design Team and enter this month’s sketch challenge.  Double and single page layouts and cards are all listed over at Stick It Down.

I would like to enter this layout in the Paper Girls Masculine Birthday Challenge.  

1 comment:

  1. What a great layout, Neva! It really does tie together nicely. Thank you for joining the Paper Girls in our Masculine Birthday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!