Tuesday, April 10, 2018

April Showers fun with Retro Rubber


Seems that our Retro Rubber Challenge for the next two weeks might be a popular one, April Showers!



Here is what I came up with after discovering I had a cute rubber boots stamp from Great Impression Stamps I received when I was their Guest Designer last March.  I believe it is from 2014. 



I stamped the image in Memento Luxe Olive Grove and heat embossed it with iridescent embossing power.  Then I water-colored it with a very small paint brush in Fireworks! sprays in Rose Bud, Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves, Cottage Ivy, and Lulu Lavender.   I die cut the image and two more sizes of Elizabeth Craft Design Stitched Rectangles to create the layers.  Each successive layer is inked in Memento Luxe Rose Bud or Pear Tart.  A tiny bit of craft thread decorates the top.  There really wasn’t room for a stamped sentiment so I decided to ink a section of cardstock with Pear Tart and die cut the “Hi” for a sentiment.  

Please do stop by Retro Rubber Blog Challenge and check out the rest of the Design Team cards, they are fantastic.  Then sit down and enjoy some crafting time and submit a card to the challenge!  Just remember to use an image older than a year and let us know how long it has been in your stash.  We also ask that you enter up to 10 challenges including ours.  Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. That is certainly the perfect stamp for this challenge! Love how you colored it!! It's very springy, which we need right now. Great card, Neva!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this colorful card, the boots are awesome as a planter for the beautiful tulips.
    My tulips and daffodils are loving the rain, me.....not so much, LOL!!
    Great card Neva.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great card, Neva. I love those gorgeous gumboots with the tulips - so sweet. I love the way you've layered the colours you've used outwards to the edge fo the card. Sweet stitched details too. For someone who didn't think they had a stamp, it's turned out pretty jolly well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Neva, beautiful Spring card! I love the flowers in the boots. Your coloring is lovely and I love the colors and all the layering on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neva, I love the beautiful Spring colours here and the layering of the stitched dies is so lovely. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really created a perfectly matching card for the inspiration photo. I like the delicate colours and the "Hi" is perfectly suited for the card. Thank you so much for inviting me to be your guest designer at the Retro Rubber Challenge.
    Kind regards from stempelfrida
    http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!