Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Vintage style Thank You card for Retro Rubber


We have a wonderful theme for the next two weeks at Retro Rubber, create a vintage style card!



I will admit that this is not my current crafting style, however it sure was fun to dig out the lace and butterflies!



I started by searching my stash for vintage feel patterned papers and found a few coordinating sheets from an old Provo Craft paper stack.  Heartfelt Creations Fleur Borders and Pockets was perfect to create a background die cut.  A patterned paper in a very subtle floral pattern is perfect under the die cut.  Next I adhered a bit of lace from the Paper Studio’s Ribbon Scrap Pack Brown/Cream.  A brown distressed sheet backs the floral pattern, and the layers are mounted on a 5” x 7” card base.  Prima flowers from my stash cover the flowers in the die cut and are topped with pearls.  Martha Stewart made a few butterfly punches I just had to have about 12 years ago . . . and they create a delicate punched butterfly that was a match for this card.  I used Delicata in Emerald Green, Dark Shimmer Brown, Pink Shimmer, Rose Gold, and small touch of Ruby Red to color the butterflies.  The finishing touch was the script thank you sentiment from the In and Out set by Taylored Expressions from Oct 2014.  It is stamped in Delicata Dark Brown Shimmer. 

Thanks for stopping by and please do check out the rest of the Retro Rubber design team’s fabulous cards and then be inspired to make your own!   

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and I love the vintage design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I must remember to look through my stash of unloved DP! This one's lovely, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neva, if this isn't your current style, then I just have to say that it should be! This is beautiful!! I love every element on this card. More please!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The soft colors you chose for your palette are just beautiful, Neva! Such pretty butterflies and florals too! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neva, this is gorgeous. Your colour scheme is SO vintage, but it's that beautiful lacy ribbon that makes it for me. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was fun to play with a different style thought, wasn't it? I enjoyed that aspect of the challenge. You've made a great job of it. Those papers are perfect and the green die cut is amazing! Your card has a great vintage feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neva, love the lacy look of your card, all of the elements are working together to give it a beautiful and elegant vintage look, awesome pattern paper and details.
    Very lovely indeed.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!