Monday, January 13, 2020

Thank You in Blue

You know how sometimes you have a new stamp and you just have to use it?  My new Triple Step Thank You from Concord & 9th is that stamp and die set that earned the distinction of "I wanna play with it now!"  I created a few cards with the set and played around with several colors of Memento Ink.  These are my two favorite versions.


  • For both versions I set up my stamp platform so I could stamp several of the main Triple Step Thank you.  I used Memento Inks in Summer Sky, Bahama Blue, and Paris Dusk.
  • Wink of Stella added a bit of shimmer and sparkle on the letters of the sentiment, it is hard to photograph without bright sunlight and we are a bit short on that here in Central Oregon!  Currently it is snowing.
  • The same three inks are used with the sprinkles from Concord & 9th's Sweet Sprinkles set.  I varied the order of the colors and stamped the design across the card.
  • Craft twine is wrapped around one edge and tied in a bow.
  • The Thank you sentiment is mounted with dimensional foam adhesive.
  • The card base is inked with Bahama Blue and an Ink Blusher.
  • The base layer is adhered to the front of the card.

  • The background is created with Lifestyle Crafts Tide embossing folder.  The ink is applied directly to the embossing folder and the white cardstock is pressure embossed.  only the recessed sections of the cardstock pick up the ink for the most part.  This is a really quick way to create a background, although your fingers do get a bit inky!
  • For this version the card base is inked with Summer Sky.
 Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed New Year!

I am delighted to enter the following challenges!

13 comments:

  1. Your blue creations are gorgeous. I love the varied shades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fun!! Love the backgrounds! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did we ever do before stamping platforms??? Both of your cards are so pretty in blue! Thanks for linking up to The House That Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the clam shell background! Thanks for joining CTMHCD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE these - especially the one with the scalloped background. Awesome work. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What nice Thank You cards - and love them in blue. Great job. Thanks for joining us over at The House that Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of your cards, liking the coloring technique you used on the second embossed background and all great blue combinations with sentiment and background. Thanks for sharing with us at ColorMyHeart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Calming blues! My favourite is the scalloped one. Thank you for joining us at the Dream Valley challenge this time.

    Debbie
    Dream Valley DT
    decraftsblog.wordpress.com {my blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool! I love all the shades of blues you used. Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful job and such lovely blues - it's my all time favorite color. Thanks for joining us over at The House That Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a beautiful job designing these cards. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at the Color My Heart Dare Blog. I hope you join us again this week for our newest challenge.
    I can't wait to see what you create! 💙☕ Miss. Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the My Time To Craft Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!