Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Blankies Layout

Hello all, I am finally having some time to do some scrap layouts.  Not usually a single page gal, I choose a single page sketch for these precious photos of my boys almost 10 years ago!


I am like many scrapbookers, and have a huge stash of patterned papers.  I found a few that are almost vintage to create this layout.
  • My Mind's Eye Lime Swirl from 2006, and Magnolia from 2008, and Art Imaginations Blue Scroll from 2005 all coordinated together.  
  • Wanting to go a bit mixed media I splattered some Fireworks! in Bahama Blue and Summer Sky on white cardstock.  After it was dry, it was die cut with Spellbinders Cascading Stars.  One of the things I like about this die is you can use all the parts!
  • The title is die cut from a light blue cardstock using an installed font on my Brother Scan N Cut DX.  
  • A few bits of ribbon from my stash are tied into bows.
  • Everything is mounted on Core'dinations Distress Collection Blue cardstock.
  • The final embellishments are Spiegelmom Scraps Southern Blue Bells sequins.  
I was inspired by Sketches in Thyme:


I would also like to submit to the following challenges:


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous page! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet. So cute seeing the kids and their blankies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout.
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl
    TTCRD DT
    Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!