Saturday, February 1, 2020

Stick It Down Double Page for February

This month we have a great couple of sketches over at Stick It Down.  As always we have a Double Page, Single Page and a Card Sketch for you to play along with during February.  I am debuting the Double Page sketch with my take on the sketch.


As you can see the design is perfect for a Valentine's Layout.  But I decided to go a different route, one that show cases my stateroom from my recent scrapbooking cruise.


 I had never been on a cruise before, so everything was documented, including our 170 square foot cabin. 
  • I matched some DCWV light mint green cardstock to the Carta Bella Ahoy There collection for the base of the layouts.
  • The B side of Waves and the B side of Let's Sail were trimmed to fit the sketch.
  • I purchased the cruise ship cut file from the Silhouette Store and cut it with my Brother Scan N Cut.  Not wanting the place all those tiny little pieces with a second cut in black, I then traced the outline of the ship, scanned and then cut the result.  I never did figure out how to accomplish the same thing in the software!  Hum, something new to learn!
  • The Nautical embellishments were also purchased from the Silhouette Store and cut from coordinating cardstock.  
  • The Memories by the sea title is from Quick Quotes and is inked with the darkest ink on the Kaleidacolor Denim set with an Ink Dauber.
  • The remaining part of the title is die cut using Honey Classic, Honeybee Classic and Santa's Workshop all by Quickutz.  The die cuts are inked with Kaleidacolor Denim as well.
  • My Sea Pass fit great with the theme and was used as part of the embellishment cluster  
I have many more layouts to work on to document this really fun experience from last November.  I hope to do it again someday!

Please do check out the sketches over at Stick It Down, and come play along!  We would love to see what you create!

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!