As you can see the design is perfect for a Valentine's Layout. But I decided to go a different route, one that show cases my stateroom from my recent scrapbooking cruise.
- I matched some DCWV light mint green cardstock to the Carta Bella Ahoy There collection for the base of the layouts.
- The B side of Waves and the B side of Let's Sail were trimmed to fit the sketch.
- I purchased the cruise ship cut file from the Silhouette Store and cut it with my Brother Scan N Cut. Not wanting the place all those tiny little pieces with a second cut in black, I then traced the outline of the ship, scanned and then cut the result. I never did figure out how to accomplish the same thing in the software! Hum, something new to learn!
- The Nautical embellishments were also purchased from the Silhouette Store and cut from coordinating cardstock.
- The Memories by the sea title is from Quick Quotes and is inked with the darkest ink on the Kaleidacolor Denim set with an Ink Dauber.
- The remaining part of the title is die cut using Honey Classic, Honeybee Classic and Santa's Workshop all by Quickutz. The die cuts are inked with Kaleidacolor Denim as well.
- My Sea Pass fit great with the theme and was used as part of the embellishment cluster
Please do check out the sketches over at Stick It Down, and come play along! We would love to see what you create!