Tuesday, February 25, 2020

New Baby card for Retro Rubber Anything Goes

Woops, I am a little late with this post as real life got in the way!  So this go around at Retro Rubber the challenge is everyone's favorite.  Anything Goes!  Remember we have a few simple rules 1)  Use at least one stamp that is more than a year old  2)  Let us know how long it has been around with a date (approximate works too) 3)  Enter up to ten challenges including Retro Rubber.




Some dear friends of our just had a baby girl!  She joins her two big brothers.  The parents waited until her birth to find out her gender, so it is such an awesome time for all of them.  Her biggest brother who is all of 4 1/2 said "It's going to be a girl, I can feel it in my bones!"  Such an old soul little boy!



Since I had some really cute baby charm dies, I decided to go that route and include a stamped sentiment.  All of the cardstock is from my stash, some are just little scraps.
  • The rabbit and onesie are from Elizabeth Craft Designs Baby Charms.  There are stencil spots on the dies to easily color in the hearts and other details with pens.  I used Zig Writers in Pure Pink, Pure Red, and black.  A white Gelly Roll pen colored the interior of the rabbit's ears.
  • The heart is from another Elizabeth Craft Designs set, Hanging Charm Pull TabZig Writer in  Hyacinth is used to color the highlight.
  • Elizabeth Craft Designs Chains 1 is die cut from metallic silver cardstock.  The charms are attached with silver craft thread.  It is softer and easier to mail than jump rings!
  • Spellbinders Lacey Ovals is die cut and the placement of the chain allowed me to determine the spot for the sentiment.
  • The sentiment is from Technique Tuesday Chickadess 2.0 and is stamped in Versa Magic Eggplant.  
  • White cardstock is pressure embossed with  Elizabeth Craft Designs Hearts Entwined and the edges are inked with Versa Magic Eggplant.
  • The card is adhered together with the lacey oval adhered with thin foam adhesive. 
Thanks so much for stopping by and we hope to see you in our gallery at Retro Rubber for Challenge #129 Anything Goes!

4 comments:

  1. That is a darling baby card you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet design. Love that chain link die - I'll bet you've had a lot of use from that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! This is so cute Neva, I bet your friend loved it. I love the chain link die, very nice. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable baby card! I know your friends will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!