Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Valentine's for Retro Rubber

We are already well into February and time to think about Valentine's.  I like to make and send Valentines to all my kids, so I have a few to do.  Our challenge at Retro Rubber , "love is in the air!" is just the thing to get me motivated!


Two of our kids are boys, so I wanted to go more masculine with this theme, and choose to go bold with dark red, a touch of pink, and use white ink.


  • I trimmed the base cardstock to 11" x 4.25 and created a top fold card.
  • Red cardstock was pressure embossed with Cuttlebug's Hugs and kisses embossing folder.  
  • The "XOXO" is a from the stamp set XOXO by Scrapbook.com released last year, 2019.  It is stamped in Memento Luxe Wedding White and heat embossed with white embossing powder on the same pink cardstock as the base card.  
  • The "happy" and Valentine's Day is from Joy Clair's Hello Sentiments released 4/2017.  
  • The "XOXO" and "happy" were dic cut using my Brother Scan N Cut, on the direct cut setting.  That allowed me to separate the XOXO and create a more pleasing design on the card.
  • All of the elements are adhered with dimensional foam adhesive.   
  • The final touch is craft thread tied in a bow around the top of the card.
Hope you have time to play along with us at Retro Rubber with our "love is in the air!" challenge.  You know you have someone who would appreciate a Valentine!  Our rules are simple, 1) sse at least one stamp that is more than a year old 2) let us know how old the image is AND 3) Enter up to ten challenges including ours.

Thanks so much for taking a look!  I hope this inspires you to make a few Valentines and play along with us!

4 comments:

  1. I love the bold statement your card makes....that background embossing is perfect with your big Xs and Os!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the boldness of this card, with the stronger colours and big die cuts. For me though, the star of the show is that fabulous embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully designed card. Rich colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The deep red works SO well here with that wonderful embossing folder. I love the big XOXO perfect. Claire x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!